Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Square One

I have 2 posts currently sitting waiting to be finished...or should I say begun....I just can't do it. The constant rainy and mostly cold weather has rendered me all but useless. We had a slight change in house plans...we aren't listing until April which is somewhat of a relief so I will have two more months to live like a person who lives in a house...with all the dirty laundry I can stuff in my hamper...which has been welcomed back with open arms into our closet for all the world to see. Not to mention, I can actually come home and sit on the couch without the nagging pressure to throw something away. I am pretty sure I didn't get out of bed to shower until 11:30 on Saturday...disgusting I know. A life with no responsiblilties....we may never have kids.

I have also taken up projects {project} that were {was} long ago cast aside {read ruined from frustration} remember THIS project? I belive it started in the warm sunny month of August and then was quickly forgotten when my SAD kicked in about mid-October...all the sudden painting a green tree reminded me that is was cold and rainy and dark outside and I couldn't handle the memories of a warm green summer spent at the lake, or staring at the sun past 3pm...I also got mad because in theory a tree is easy to paint....until you try it and then it is infinitely harder than it appears...and taking on the mindset of a 3 year old who didn't get the stuffed bunny from Target they wanted for Easter {true story} and smearing the green paint all over the canvas did not magically make my creation look like a tree like I thought it would...ok I really didn't think it would...but you get the point...so there it lie...lay...sit...sat...a hideous monstrosity...never to be touched again until one day {Saturday} something came over me...maybe it was the realization that not only do I not have enough  furniture to furnish our new house...I have nothing to hang over the fireplace...which contrary to poplar/convential wisdom will not hold our tv...so I was off to Michaels for more paint to get me back to square one....so here it sits...lies...lays...


Back at square one...minus the tree trunk...never mind is has 926 pounds of paint on it and it will take a crane to get it over the fireplace...and its a far cry from this....



But I still have lots of work to do and just as much procrastination...and...whoever said I was a professional artist anyway...not I...on second thought I probably shouldn't have posted the two next to each other...I may have to take another 6 month hiatus on this one to go find my self esteem....


No comments:

Post a Comment