Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Little Tip


Did your dad ever offer a "tip" to a waiter/waitress in the form of "don't grow corn in the winter"? Mine did and it was extemely embarrassing...I mean obviously he would leave a regular tip but that was his favorite line when the subject up tipping came up. Anyway, along the same lines of don't grow corn in the winter I have a little tid-bit to share. I ain't no Martha Stewart so this is not something I came up with on my own...a co-worker of Brandon's actually shared it with me this week and I tested it out last night. I don't know how many people out there have stainless steel sinks but we do in our lovely pre-fab townhouse. Lately, I have noticed that it is not a shiny or pretty as it once was probably because I don't spend a lot of time trying to keep it spic and span...I mean its sanitary and all but I am not spit shining the thing. Brandon's co-worker told me that she uses toilet bowl cleaner to clean her stainless sink



Like this kind of toilet bowl cleaner...have you ever heard of such a thing...I haven't but then again I don't get out much...at least not in the cleaning arena. She said it works great too if you have mats in the bottom of your sink to bleach them out {we both use the with bleach cleaner}. I couldn't resist trying it out last night as I was cleaning up my fudgy mess {more on that later} and you know what...it worked like a charm...seriously my sink was *gleaming*...so now you know...toilet bowl cleaner for your stainless steel sink...I haven't tried this out on the fridge yet but that will be next cause that thing is a pain to keep clean...and then who knows the sky is the limit...this could end up being like vinegar...the do all cleaner...except my clothes will probably look like I got in a fight with a bottle of bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment