Tuesday, December 15, 2009

While You Wait

We're down to crunch time around our house.Although, I am having to wait on everything. I'm waiting on Christmas cards to come in, waiting on labels to come in, waiting on the knowledge of making a bow so I can finally put something on my front door, waiting on inspiration to strike me so I know what gifts to buy....it just hasn't happened this year. So I am trying to power on through and my sister may be getting a gift card this year.

After running around Saturday trying to tie up some loose gift ends we stopped by my in-laws' house for the annual gingerbread house assembly...or in this year's case the gingerbread train assembly. Every year, my mother in-law invites Brandon's younger cousins over to put together a gingerbread house (or train) which will become the centerpiece for the Christmas table. So while I am waiting on everything to arrive, here are some pictures from Saturday. I hope you are ready for picture overload because I am still trying to figure out how to work this thing and you know what they say... practice makes perfect...well at least that is what my grandmother used to tell me about my piano lessons...but I was never really into all that practice stuff...so I am making up for it now. I'm sorry grandmommy for all those times you told me to practice and I didn't because I was more concerned with getting outside to ride my horse...I realize now the error of my ways...not to mention I can't play the piano worth a flip.























Their brother didn't make it to the party...he was way more interested in the tree...and then that wore him out...please no comments on the fact that my husband is holding a baby...the answer is still no.




He woke up just in time to help them finish...andtry as we might we could not get him to eat any icing...he didn't realize what he was missing.








I'm not really sure he knew what to think about the whole event.





Ta Da...here is the finished product...I think it turned out so cute...maybe in a hundred years or so our children will get in on the tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not gonna comment about BB holding a baby b/c I'm tired of begging. HOWEVER... can we discuss that BB and his mom look like twins in this post? How do I not remember them looking identical. SO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete