Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Insert Clever Christmas Post Here


This is going to be all over the place this morning so just forgive me. I am trying to cram a few things in so that you are not getting Christmas posts in the middle of March. We are headed to Louisville today and I am not prepared. I have a few last minute gifts to buy which if push comes to shove I can procrastinate until we get to Louisville {I wrote this two days ago and nothing has changed...so I will be finishing up in Louisville}. Do you like how I did that...how I am so stressed about not having enough time but in the same sentence can figure out how I can procrastinate a little longer {and I did}?

I have managed to get a few things accomplished. The Christmas cards I had been waiting on finally came in and they went in the mail this week. Would you like to see? Even though most of the people who read this will probably be getting their own....or should I say have gotten their own.



There it is my little labor of love...it's nothing fancy but it pretty well describes the nature of our family {no animals were harmed during the making of this card although they almost were...some dogs {Curby} didn't feel the need to sit still under the Christmas tree...although that may have had something to do with the light on my camera that terrified her.}

I was still waiting on my labels to come in last week and in the meantime had to come up with something else to give to co-workers. My sister asked the other day if I had my grandmother's fudge recipe and BINGO...I knew what I could make. Do you remember that Friend's episode where Phoebe tries to figure out her grandmother's super secrect cookie recipe? I felt like I was in that episode because no one in the family had the recipe. Everyone remembered a few ingredients and we were left to Google to try to figure out the rest...and do you know what I found? The Fantasy Fudge recipe from the back of the Marshmallow Creme jar...go figure her cookie recipe was the one straight off the Nestle Tollhouse bag {just like Phoebe's} so I guess I should have known. I spent two nights trying to make enough to feed an army give to our co-workers and if I never see fudge again I am ok with that...sweets were never really my weakness anyway...probably because my dad  never rarely let us have any.


 









It wasn't the prettiest fudge anyone has ever seen but hey...I thought the containers were cute and we all know the right accessories can really help out...not to mention how can you go wrong with butter,sugar, and chocolate? I am going to end this here...since I have been trying to post this for two days and Blogger keeps having issues. I'll be back with a few more Christmas posts never fear...they could get interesting.

1 comment:

  1. The card was super cute and the fudge...YUMMY!! Have a wonderful Christmas. Love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete