Thursday, December 3, 2009

Up to Speed

Ok I am going to try really hard this time to stick with the little blog of mine. Work is finally slowing down and with football season officially over I may actually have some free time here and there.

Since Nashville, not a whole lot and a whole lot of stuff has gone on...Its been a whirlwind few weeks with a bunch of stuff all the time...nothing big just lots of little stuff. I feel like I have done so much yet accomplished nothing at the same time. We had a great Thanksgiving with Brandon's family and was I ever thankful for the break from 6:30am alarms. I can't believe we are only weeks away from Christmas.

Which leads me to my next point....I am WAY behind. I think last year by October I was done with our Christmas cards...this year...I don't even have a picture to use yet...Wait it was the 2nd week of November...not October...I just checked the Christmas card box...still waaay behind. Not only do I not have Christmas cards anywhere near where they should be, everytime I drive through my neighborhood it looks like Santa could drop from the sky at any minute....seriously people...I just took down the trick or treat sign from my front door on Monday.Can I have a few days to adjust Holidays? I did manage to get the vintage Barbie tree up and it's begining to look a little more like Christmas despite the Thanksgiving centerpiece still on the kitchen table.

And finally, for the most important announcement...I have a new camera...all those hints finally paid off and Santa and the Birthday fairy came early...

Its the Nikon d5000 and I cannot tell you how I agonized over this and a Canon...but I chose this...mostly because it is super user friendly {besides the fact I don't know how to use it} and it was on sale before Thanksgiving meaning...no 5am at BestBuy slugging it out for the Canon. So far, I love it! Like I said I have no idea what I am doing and am way out of my league but that was kind of the point and hopefully I will take some classes at the first of the year to help me along. I really don't think I could of made a bad decision...now for some pictures...it may be overload so I am sorry.

This is me with my new camera testing out what the fisheye button does...its a horrible picture but it documents one of the forst pictures I took.



This is Gan {Brandon's grandmother} and she makes THE BEST Chicken n' Dumplings from complete scratch...I was super disappointed to miss out on the first part of the process because it needs to be documented...she doesn't work with a recipe...which is a necessity for me. I told her I am going to need to come over and that she is going to have to dump her handfuls of flour into a measuring cup so we can get this on paper.



Here are some Tiger Walk pictures from the big Alabama vs. Auburn Game. Brandon took these since all of my pictures from Tiger Walk are of people's backs...I'm not exactly 6' tall.


And finally, here are some pictures of our only current Christmas decoration...the Barbie tree...it's not done...because apparently I did the art mesh wrong and will need to fix it after the hour I have already spent on it...and it needs a little more color...no seriously...



I know that this picture is a little dark...but words cannot express the feeling that came over me when I was able to turn the lights OFF and take a picture...I am sure a little photoshop could brighten it up...but I am just trying to get something posted.


If I never have a daughter at least I will have my Barbie tree....

I think that about catches everyone up to this week...I'll leave you with a picture of little Max who apparently thought our house was too cold last night and felt the need to find somewhere warm.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are loving your camera. Your pictures are really good and Brandon's grandmother looks like she is only about 60. I hope I look that good! Maybe I will get a camera some day and you can teach me!

    ReplyDelete