Monday, June 22, 2009

I've Been a Bad Bad Wife

Continuing on in the series of what a horrible person I am we will move on to the weekend and talk about what a horrible influence my mother in law is on me and how she makes me do things I shouldn't

We spent the day Saturday shopping and she introduced me to a place that she shouldn't have it's called Summer Classics. I don't know how I didn't know about this place before...and I am sure Brandon is glad I didn't. If you have never been don't go...you have been warned. You will spend money on something YOU don't need. {I happened to need what I bought..thank you} We walked around drooling over outdoor {and indoor} furniture we stumbled upon some great pictures for the lake... and guess what? They were 50%! Double whammy...they were having a 50% off select accessories sale....UH OH...because I ran into these and it was love at first sight.



I took this picture with my camera phone...so it's not the best. But you can still tell the perfection of it and that is has a red dot on it signaling it is 50% off out of my price range. What did I do? I walked away...and kept walking...walked right to the cash register with my mother in-law to buy her fish prints. I was so proud...but then self doubt started to creep in and the vases started calling my name...yelling actually. I went back to take another look....


BIG mistake....I promptly hoisted one on each hip like the precious babies they were... {they were kind of big and heavy and I am small and weak}...and walked straight to the counter with them...I couldn't help it honey....I NEEDED them....somewhere in our house I needed them. Your mom didn't even try to stop me so blame her not me....SHE is the bad influence. She actually said, " I will not love you anymore if you don't buy them"...so I HAD to...ok not really...I told myself that...but still...she was present during the transaction.

We took our shopping on down the road a little ways. I won't tell you the name of this place because you will REALLY get yourself in trouble there. It's for your own good...trust me.

I have been trying for OH...a good two years now to have some semblance of a grown up room. It only took me a year to get a headboard and another 6 months to get a nightstand...singular...That's it...all we have...besides the donated dresser. Since I am having some drapes made for our room I figured it was time to get the second nightstand and maybe some decent bedding. White was not a good choice in a house with 3 black dogs.

Not that it matters but here is the one nightstand we have.

Here the vases go to work...I am not sure if they will ultimately end up in our room but I love them so much I would like to wake up to them every morning {I feel that way about you too honey!}


Ignore the navy/gray/tan...whatever color that pillow is...I was thinking the green would be a good fit...surprise....I love green. Of course they didn't have it in the size I needed and I am supposed to call back about ordering the nightstand...so lucky Brandon....I didn't buy anything...well and I am going to make sure that the drapery fabric I bought off of eBay {that is a weird color but I am using it anyway} will work with it all. I will stop here and conclude the conversation about my room which is not what you were expecting today...was it....I wasn't either...but...Surprise!

I will leave you with this though...I am thinking I should be proactive about nursery decor...no I am not pregnant...I would at least tell my husband first...even though he reads this...but I digress. This chair I would build a house around...so I think I could work something out with a nursery. Actually, I think it would look stunning right now in our guest room...and then I would sleep upstairs in this chair...like I said...it is better that you not know the name of this place.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you clarified that you bought the large blue vase because at first I thought you bought the tacky blue wine glass sitting by the vase!
    Dude, you need that chair. It WOULD look great in your guest bedroom/nursery/craft room. Can't believe I hadn't told you about Summer Classics.
    Did y'all go to Blackjack Farms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly where you are because I want that chair too and the lamp in the back ground and several other things in the store! I got my crib from there! I got the wrought iron crib that had the canopy but we are not using the canopy part since it is a boy! Can't wait for everyone to come see the room! Oh, if I am wrong about where you were you have to let me know!:) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete