Monday, June 29, 2009

Just a Little Something

Just thought I would take a minute to share one of my favorite things....kind of like Oprah....but I am not giving you one. Well, that and I don't have my camera cord and camera at work to blog about the weekend...we have some fun stories.....what was that you said about Italy??

Anyway....In preparation for the 4th of July weekend I have been planning on what my contribution will be to the family meals will be. I enjoy baking even though it is always an endeavor { I am a HUGE mess maker}. However, I don't enjoy sweets that much...I would much rather have something salty...yes I am weird...and my dad also used to buy our Halloween candy from us so we wouldn't eat it so I guess I never got to feel the love and affection for sweets that most people did...all that to say I don't make anything often because that would just leave Brandon to eat it and I would rather not have a 500 pound husband

Could I get to the point already...sheesh?? I decided since I would have multiple people at my disposal for eating that I would make Pioneer Woman's Apple Pie. and a Strawberry pie....like the kind your grandmother used to make. Which brings me to my point....FINALLY.

My Grandmother had some of the best recipes so when it came time to pass them along what's a girl to do? Around Christmastime I came across an article about Taste Book. It was too late to give as a Christmas present even for the biggest procrastinator, but I thought it sounded like a cool idea for my sister's Birthday in January.

Here's the deal. You set up an account and start compiling. You can enter your own family recipes, or import them from Southern Living, BH&G, and various other food magazines and websites. You get to pick your own cover, do a dedication page, and even add pictures of your creations {i google imaged}. You send it to them and they print it and put it together and it is in a binder type book so you are free to add as many recipes as you want over time. They also have pre-made taste books for sale but I think it is so fun to have your own personalized with YOUR favorites. So try it out. You'll love it...I am going to have a copy of my sister's printed for me so I can add to it as well. Click here to check out our Family Traditions. Yep it has the Strawberry Pie we will be enjoying this weekend. Oh and my grandmother's jello pretzel salad....it's the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment