Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lets get this show on the road

Ok now before I get started I am going to set a few... ok maybe one ground rule. We can do this as slow and painfully as you would like or I can give you the abridged cliff notes version. If at any time you would like to yell at me to:

1. Shut up and show more pictures
2. Speed it up we... have seen the same thing a million times
3. Slow down... We are still trying to read the last novel post/ Make sense of it
4. I don't really have a four so all others fit here

Please feel free to let me know in the comments section. I will do my best to relay the events as they happened and keep it as real as I can. Ok I feel like I am standing at the front of a tour bus with a microphone in my hand so if I think of any other announcements I would like to make...I will make my way to the front of the bus and grab the mic again...for now...here we go.

So Brandon and I made the trek up to Nashville where we met up with my sister and her husband Monday night. We had an amazing Thai/Sushi dinner at Peter's {have you been? you should if you haven't } and got to see their new house...what's that? You don't really care about this part? Oh ok right....so Tuesday morning was the big travel day. We flew from Nashville to DC before heading to Rome {we got a good deal on the tickets}. I was super nervous about the long flight {9 hours} because A. I had never been on a plane that long and B. I HATE using any form of a public restroom...9 hours is not out of my range of holding it but I did have to drink lots of water to stay hydrated...OK OK...moving on...how about a picture?


Here are Heather and Ryan in their seats and ready to go...Heather even has lipstick on. You never know who you are going to run into in Super Coach Economy...turns out we didn't run into anybody....but still she looks pretty...while the two of us on the other hand.



Sorry ladies...he's taken...let's see if I can find a more appropriate one.



It's a little dark so sorry. Here we are all ready to go Brandon with his temperpedic pillow he can't leave home without and me with my hands clasped in anticipation {of having to use the lavatory}. The flight was thankfully uneventful...sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to get my picture to commemorate my trip to the lavatory but that too was uneventful and I don't plan on doing it again unless I have to. We landed in Rome early Wednesday morning their time and headed to the train station to catch our train to Florence.



Heather and Brandon guarding our bags. Ryan must have been off setting up the perimeter to make sure no one even thought about getting close to them. {Sorry...I just watched 24}



Oh look a train. Not ours but it was just sitting there all red and train like asking for me to take it's picture. If I had a real D-SLR not some poser I am sure this could have been a better picture. {Brandon: hint hint our anniversary is next month}


Here we are on our way to Tuscany wishing our plane seats had been this big. Check out my unstealable/tamperproof purse...unless you just leave it sitting on the table like I had carelessly done in this photo. Nobody stole it...but you can never be too safe.

After about and hour and a half we made it to Tuscany. We dropped our bags off at our hotel and headed to see the statue of David. He had been waiting hundreds of years for us to arrive so we decided to not keep him waiting {I know I look so young}. I couldn't take any pictures so you will have to Google image him but he was a lot taller in person than I had imagined. Usually celebrities always look shorter. Anyway we stood and stared for a while because the detail was incredible. I kept thinking what if Michelangelo had messed up? I mean it is a big hunk of rock...it's not like you can erase it. I'm a whimp and use acrylic paint so I can paint over my mistakes...I am such a fraud. It really was spectacular. We spent a little time browsing the other sculptures but he was really the main attraction. Afterwards, we were all pretty hungry so we stopped at a little sidewalk cafe for our first Italian meal Pizza...of course.

I think Heather and Ryan actually have a picture of us here but we haven't exchanged pictures yet. This was also before I started taking pictures of my food so you will just have to believe me when I say my mushroom pizza was Magnifico just like the name says. It probably was the best pizza I had there and it was only about 5 Euro. Our day continued with a walk to the Duomo.



I thought this was weird at the time I took this picture but then only a few short days later I realized how practical it was because I too had to take to putting my shoes outside.



TA DA...the Duomo. I have some better pictures, but I think I will pick up with the rest of our day tomorrow. It is lunch time and all this talk about pizza is making me hungry. Sorry we are off to a slow start but I will try to pick it up some later...or not...guess you'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, AB. I'm loving it so far. However, Main would prefer that you not take lunch breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. You need to move straight on to dessert when you get back from lunch. I want to see this vinagarette ice cream...I think.

    ReplyDelete