Friday, August 7, 2009

Worth The Wait

Long time no post....I tried to warn you that was going to happen. The week has flown by since my last post. Brandon and I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner last Thursday before the wedding festivities kicked off on Friday. Guess what? I don't have a single picture to show for it....The only glimpse I can show you of the weekend are these....because I stole them from the reception and promptly made them my own once I got home. I think they fit in nicely. I should probably buy fresh flowers more often...or at least not kill the ones in my yard so I would have something to pick and put in a vase.



I stole the next little glimpse from someone else's pictures on Facebook. Apparently, the wedding photographer thought it would be a good idea to stage a picture with all the groomsman and the groom holding guns. Little did everyone know, that the groomsman closest to Alan had a loaded bb-esque gun and a slight pull to the trigger sent a bb right into the side of Alan's face...yes this was BEFORE the wedding.

A little ice and a little makeup and all was well...Amanda just thought he had a zit...they happen...to other people. The rest of the wedding went on without incident...the rain held off during the important parts...and no one began heckling from the crowd...I don't know why but every wedding I go to it's like I am just waiting for someone to get up and start shouting...maybe I have watched too many romantic comedies...

We have been totally slammed at work this week and dare I admit I have not even looked at my most loyally read blogs...It's amazing what happens when you actually have to work a little here and there. I did receive a nice little surprise after one especially long days at the office. A little something I had ordered over a month ago and had given up hope that I would ever receive.




Pioneer Woman had these on her website and what can I say...it was love at first sight. In the event that I ever need to dip anything into four bowls I am covered....although I am thinking now I may have to get the platter to keep this one company...you know to complete the set. This could be the start of something beautiful.






Yes it could be...and I am going to need some volunteers to come to my house to dip things so I can justify these purchases...

1 comment: