Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bachelorette Weekend Recap

Now that I have my camera cord back and all is right with the world, I guess I'd better get to documenting the great weekend we just had only 3 short days later. I will go ahead and preface that you will not be able to tell much from the pictures because I was having such a great time I forgot to pick up the camera....shocking I know.

First,we will start with what you won't see. The fun started early on the ride down with a stop at Chick-fil-a. Everything was fine until Lauren Gloor/Graham, aka St. Louis Lauren am I missing any...threw her toy away...what ensued was a hilarious scene for which I was kicking myself for not having my camera at the ready. All I heard was a gasp....like a I just threw my wedding ring in the trash gasp....and then....MY TOY! MY TOY! I THREW AWAY MY TOY....for those of you who are not savvy about Chick-fil-a, you can turn the toy in for ice cream...hence the distress. DANG...I am kicking myself for not being able to take a picture of sweet Ms. Pat {who gave us peppermints when we sat down} telling Lauren if she could wait a minute she would help her....HOOO HAA HAAthey were ready to open up that trash can so she could dig it out...luckily the guy at the cash register vouched for Lauren's toy and she got her ice cream without dumpster diving and all was right with the world.

It was finally time to grab some gas and hit the road....no stopping. Only we got to the gas station to discover the pump was possessed and the man who worked there was not an effective communicator...yeah we'll call it that...meanwhile while poor Amanda is trying to remedy the situation with the poor communicator Lauren and I are yelling at her from the inside of the car to get in the car and drive off....can you get arrested if you just drive off....we didn't have gas at that point so I think we would have been safe 2 days 15 minutes later we had gas...and we weren't stopping.

And Finally, you won't see pictures of us at the urgent care, on the first day, for me to be diagnosed with shingles....Yep I'm 80 years old and have herpes...nice to meet you.

That is just some of what you won't see along with any pictures of me in a swimsuit...some things are just better left to the imagination.

We arrived safe and sound to the beautiful beach house that Lauren Beno aka Beno aka Destin Lauren, I just made that last one up, secured for us. It was beautiful and I only show you these pictures because one day I want my house to look like this...beach house or not...not to make you insanely jealous that you didn't get to come.











***sigh*** I just love a good beach house. It was beautiful..thanks Lauren {from Destin}...we really appreciated it.

Let's get on with the wild and crazy partying section of the recap....oh except that there isn't one. Here is a picture that proves we stepped foot out of the house. The old ladies We were so proud of ourselves for managing to stay up past midnight.





and then there was this guy.


I included this picture only for the benefit of those who were there that might be reading this....we had some pretty good laughs at his expense....it was wrong sure...but oh so funny. I did not get a picture of the guy who liked to pet mine and Lauren's {from St. Louis} hair and then tell us he liked our necklaces but wasn't gay....oh he was a classic and I wish I had gotten a picture of Lauren {from St. Louis} nipping it in the bud.


Fast forward to the next day.......here is the only picture to describe the day



Man, there is nothing like a Destin beach...it has the most beautiful water and soft sandy beaches....you will see that I had a much different experience in Italy on the beach...in 5 years when I get around to that.

We spent the day on the beach...hit up the outlets...and I realized that even though Restoration Hardware has an outlet....I still can't afford their lamps.....oh the things to look forward to in life.

The night brought the lingerie shower and lots and lots of laughter....I dare say we had more fun staying in then heading out on the town.



Amanda opened all her gifts really quickly I refused to use my flash and this is the only picture you get because the other ones are not suitable for a family friendly blog like mine. You'll just have to trust me when I say a fun time was had by all.




Here are the Laurens...aren't they pretty? No, I don't want to talk about Destin Lauren's hair and its perfection...I'm a little bitter over it actually.



This one says wrapping paper and lingerie...spelled lingere...yes I am aware and too lazy to fix it. I had to black them out as to not give away any hints....because I am a good keeper of secrets.


And then disaster struck and this happened



There we were all eight of us sitting in the bed when.....WHAM....it came crashing down...it was touch and go for a while...arms and legs everywhere...not in the way you would expect them to be at a bachelorette party anyway...but we managed to get the job done...who needs boys anyway?









We made them try it out to make sure it was good and sturdy, and then we all went to bed...very carefully {in our own beds not that one}.... and lived Happily Ever After The End.

{ Sorry about the abrupt ending but after this I promptly put the camera down and didn't pick it back up until it was time to leave....it was just more beach more beach and more beach.}

No comments:

Post a Comment