Tuesday, July 21, 2009

L is for Lake


AHHH...the lake. There is nothing like looking at this picture on a weekday morning to make you hate your life and want to run away from your desk job for good. I'll give us a minute to soak it all in.

Ok now back to work. We had a great weekend with some of Brandon's co-workers/friends from the office. We kicked his parents out of the lake house and they had to suffer at the beach last week...or something like that. Please join me on a trip down memory lane....



Saturday we had a boatload {pun intended} with 8 adults and 4 kids....we had a blast...how about some pictures I think that tells a story better than my words ever could...

This is Jake... He is a great kid...I might actually consider having one if I was guaranteed they would turn out like this. He also loved our Curby who I am actively trying to pawn off on them...




and this is his sister Madie....I could listen to her sweet little southern accent all day...and man when was the last time you had a conversation through a child's point of view....priceless...she loved Max....back up sister he ain't goin' no where...




and this is their mom Melissa....and Max...again


We had a great time cruising on the boat checking out the scenery.....






{That's Max's cruising face...I'm sorry he was really photogenic this weekend...and No none of those houses belong to us...we can only dream. }


....jumping off Chimney Rock {Scott was the brave one who jumped off the top}, and swimming to our hearts content.


{Good ole Chimney Rock}


{Mike}


{Jake}



{Scott}

{Cyndi and Kiley assessing the situation}


{Jake and Madi taking a break}



Jake even caught a fish...and my camera focused on the background


Carson was the brave one who let Brandon drag him around the lake...what a fearless little boy








The grand finale to the day was our low country boil complete with shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn....this is the first and last picture that was taken that night before we dove it....actually that is a lie...I think there is a picture of us all crowded around the table just waiting to dive in but I don't have it...I didn't take it...I was too concerned with the contents of the table to worry about taking pictures



Oh yeah....there was also karaoke to round out the night...but that is just better left to the imagination...I'll leave you with a few more pleasant pictures from the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment