Monday, September 28, 2009

Just When You Least Expect it Part 2

Our sweet Sophie dog has been a little sick. I had been cleaning vomit off the rug for about three days when I decided it may be a good idea to take her to the vet...That was Saturday...she's still there...you can go ahead and start nominating me for mother of the year. I told my sister that I would never be having kids after that experience. Sophie has been sick before...she eats something in the backyard...throws up and we move on...I kept waiting for the moving on part but it never came...so I felt especially good about myself when the vet looked at me practically gaping and asked for the 100th time "this has been going on since when?" and I had to answer Wednesday...yes the day that was three days ago...yes I realize that was a long time ago...but I made sure she was drinking water.Isn't that what you are supposed to do?? Make sure they don't get dehydrated...well about the time I was patting myself on the back for at least doing one thing right the vet goes and grabs an IV and hooks her on up...and told me she'd call me later...so I had to hang my head in shame and walk out of the vet sans Sophie...I felt like by the time I got home DHR was going to be waiting on my doorstep to take the other two away...or whatever the pet equivalent is. I guess the walk it off approach my dad used isn't always the best way to handle things...so I apologize now to Brandon for all the times in the future when I take our children to the doctor for a runny nose...if I have children...



The good news is she seems to be on the mend and can hopefully come home today...and I have already been mentally preparing myself for that bill...and trying to decide what flavor cobwebs we will be eating this week to compensate...and finally... to top it all off we are without air conditioning...don't you just love surprises...I don't, I never have. I'm likely to gain 5lbs just over this one little set back...although I will more than likely sweat it all off in our sauna house and I hear cobwebs don't have that many calories...

Some good things did happen this weekend...we went to the fair...and don't worry I will be back with some pictures to recount the glory of it all...until then. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment