Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Day Another Fabric Store...

What would a trip to Louisville be without a little shopping? Normally, I spend my time stocking up on Skyline Chili packets for the winter. However, I bought over 20 packets last year much to the checkout lady's astonishment so we should be covered for this winter. You should never be caught without Skyline during football season/winter, but I digress.

Since I had some free shopping time on my hands, my sister and I headed to the small town of Shelbyville to visit a fabric store a friend had told her about, Making Ends Meet. The front porch sold me...we went in the backdoor but still....this was no cloth barn....we weren't in Kansas rural Alabama anymore






This place was a 3 story fabric heaven....with actual organization...upholstery separated from the silks which were separated from the cotton, and the two rooms of trim had their own portion of house....unfortunately being organized means you can find stuff...and finding stuff leads to buying stuff {my justification will be at the end}







Thankfully, the injuries were only minor to both my wallet and my sister


I'm sorry sissy...here this should make up for me posting the above photograph

This is a more accurate representation of what my sister looks like when several bolts of fabric have not landed on top of her. I'll leave you with a final bit of inspiration....it has the wheels turning in my own house...hence the justification for my purchases...or something like that.



2 comments:

  1. that is a lot of fabric. I so wish I were crafty like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Birmingham and would love to visit a fabric store like this! Where is Shelbyville?

    ReplyDelete