Thursday, October 15, 2009

Look Whose Coming to Town

Has everyone stopped reading and given up hope that I will ever post again? This week I have been feverishly working and stressing because my parents and little brother are coming to town. They haven't been down to Birmingham in a couple of years and what better reason to visit than to go cheer on the Cats down in Auburn. The Tigers will have to go without my support this weekend as I put on the blue for my Cats. I'm not really sure how those couples function who are for rival teams...Is it worth me being happy with a win...and then having to listen to Brandon stew on the 2 hour drive home...or more realistically for the entire next week...

Anyway I have made a few observations while preparing for their arrival.

1. My house multiplies junk. It does...and I know it now because I have not been shopping and bringing things in to the house since the last closet clean out....but somehow I found more things to shove into those closets and consequently bring me to my next observation.

2. Other people shove stuff in closets too. You people with your spotless counter tops and tabletops stress me out...what do you do with your crap...don't you have bills that have to be paid...doesn't your husband throw random articles of clothing on your furniture....or don't other objects just show up and you don't know where they came from or where they go...I'll tell you what you do with them...you shove them in closets and drawers...that is the only logical explanation because my conclusion is that you cannot have everything THAT organized and THAT cleaned out all the time...sometimes you are just not going to be able to see the floor of a closet...and if you do have things THAT organized...we cannot be friends...I cannot live a life feeling bad about myself because my friend has organized closets and drawers to go with their clean house....I'm sorry I'm just not that big of a person.

3. You can get a lot accomplished when under the deadline of out of town company. I finally got the blinds hung for the back doors....I finally took down all the pictures in the hall bath that irritate me and replaced it with my most recent Sips N Stokes masterpiece {where is that sarcasm font when I need it}...and finally got my favorite photograph that I purchased in Italy hung. Here is the photographic evidence...of Brandon's hard work.




I love my new blinds and was almost late for work this morning because I just wanted to stand and look at them...I was afraid that the fact they were hung was going to be a dream and I would wake up this morning and they would still be sitting on the stairs. Also, I am aware that the painting in the bathroom would be more suited in say...a dining room...but I went with a big chunky gaudy frame to distract from the "homemadeness" of the picture...and I don't have a dining room...thanks for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment