Friday, October 2, 2009

My Husband is Going to Kill Me

Not literally of course...but he will at least be very annoyed...I just confirmed this via a phone call to his office. He said I have too much time on my hands....yeah ok.

Anyway...I was browsing my blogs the other day and came across the mention of mint.com. I thought it sounded pretty neat. Basically, it is a budget/financial planning tool. So of course, coming from a long line of accountants, with no financial skills myself, I thought I would check it out. I had a few minutes this morning and logged on...and within 5 minutes became obsessed.

I was able to link all my accounts...savings...checking...credit card etc...and it automatically pulled in all our spending information. From there, I was able to create budget items for the monthly bills we pay and based on our financial information I let it budget the rest groceries...gas...eating out etc...etc... And do you want to know the best part...nope that wasn't the best part...it automatically tracks spending in each category...yeah automatically... For example, the other day I made a stop at Winn-Dixie well it had already categorized that as a grocery purchase, taken it out of my monthly budget for groceries, and showed how much I had left to spend....AMAZING...have I outed myself as a complete nerd yet?? You will have to go in your list of transactions and categorize checks your write and other things it didn't catch but it caught just about everything. You can even budget yourself in a pedicure every once in awhile and I am all about that....

I have only used this for approximately one hour...but I am already in love...completely and totally...even though it told me my net worth was next to nothing...anything that takes the worrying out of financial matters I can forgive...please spare me if this has been around for 100 years...I am usually the last to know about the latest and greatest stuff around...I just wanted to shout from the rooftops about my new found love.


{I have forgotten my camera cord all week...so sorry for the picture less posts}

No comments:

Post a Comment