Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fraud

I feel like such a fraud and need to make a confession. We had a little breakfast at our office this morning for which I volunteered to make breakfast casserole. I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination...I am trying to get my feet wet a little here and there...so what better way to make yourself have a nervous breakdown then to offer to make breakfast for your co-workers...and what better way to start your day then to wake up 25 minutes late because your alarm didn't go off...yes that DID happen this morning.

My confession is that this casserole is so easy to make that not only was I still able to throw it together in time..I actually made it out the door approximately 2 minutes earlier than usual...my legs are a little spiky but it's ok...I wore pants. It is so easy that all the comments of "Thanks for taking the time to do this" and "I didn't know you were so domestic" {he he} made me start to feel guilty. So in order to purge my guilt...I am coming clean and posting the recipe here so that all can enjoy the easiness of it....and you can all fool people into thinking you are domestic even if you are not {*cough*cough}. It's even easier if you brown the sausage the night before and prepare the egg mixture...then you are just left with the assembly.

Ingredients
  • 1 package Crescent Rolls
  • 1 pound Sausage (mild, Hot, Or A Mix Of Both)
  • 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 4 whole Large Eggs
  • ½ cups Milk
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ⅛ teaspoons Pepper
    Preparation Instructions
    1. Brown and drain sausage
    2. Unroll crescent rolls press unrolled dough into the bottom of a slightly greased 9×12 baking dish
    3. Spread sausage over dough
    4. Sprinkle cheese over sausage (very important don't go with your gut and put cheese over egg...trust me..I'm a professional)
    5. Beat remaining ingredients together and pour over sausage and cheese (it will look like you don't have enough egg...but just go with it. If you really can't stand it add one more and a little milk and bake a few min longer.)
    6. Bake at 425 for 15 min...that's right 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes after removing from the oven.


    Oh yeah...I should probably confess too that I stole this recipe from my mother in law...so I get absolutely zero credit. She serves this with a big pot of grits and it is delicious! Enjoy!

1 comment: