Monday, October 26, 2009

Flea Market Finds

My co-worker/friend Leigh Anne and I headed for Nashville after work on Friday for "the big one" aka the October flea market. Apparently, October is when the vendors come from all around to be a part of it. I did a horrible job of taking photos...and most of the photos are horrible...have I mentioned I need a new one? Its been showing an error message lately about the focus which I really didn't pay attention to...well apparently it is an issue...cause a lot of them are blurry...have I mentioned I need a new camera? I'll try to share the few I was able to salvage...but be aware...none of them really show the vastness or greatness of what you can find...






This is the flea market....well part of it...there are many barns, stalls, tents, trailers, and we even saw a van...but not probably the type you would want too close to. The pictures of Elvis and the armchair set up inside kinda freaked me out a little...ok a lot..anyway...this is just part of it...the part where you can find anything...and I do mean anything



Now while this may be completely normal fare for a flea market, I am not flea market savvy...but I do know that I am pretty certain I would like to know where my products came from and where they have been sitting for months on end.

I did find some great stuff...and only bought a few things since I will be back in Nashville for Christmas Village in a couple weeks...Here's what I didn't buy....


I didn't buy these only because I have some from my grandparents' house...but boy do I love a blue mason jar


Loved this piece but A. don't have a place to put it and B. I could foresee children picking the paint off and eating it because let's be honest....me refinish this thing?? Even though it would have been perfect with my Robin's egg blue teacups....DANG IT...why didn't I buy it...I didn't realize how close it was to the one I wanted until I just looked up that link....UGH...buyer's remorse??...reverse buyer's remorse??...there is nothing like it.


How cool is this?? I would love it for a kitchen island...


I don't know what the bottoms were made from but the tops were made form bowling lanes...and they had a beautiful finish...there were also some made to be kitchen tables...and they were all beautiful...

Enough of that...even though it doesn't scratch the surface of the great things we saw...I just don't have any more pictures...so I guess I will have to go back because I take it as my full responsibility and duty to report back to you...and I didn't do a very good job this time..so here is what I did buy...


A quilt...and the more I look at it the more I love it....


The colors are so vibrant and the patterns are so pretty...it is everything I wanted in a quilt...If I had known I was going to buy a quilt...its not in pristine condition but it is older and well loved...another reason why I love it...

I also bought this...


Now I know that not everyone is as excited about this as me...but I'm sorry I can't help it. We came across a vendor, Rusticana Gardens, {their website is under contrusction} that plants sustainable {read...I won't kill...hopefully} plants in found/antique/really cool containers

Now, I personally, think this is one of the coolest ideas ever...but I have never been accused of being cool...so whatever...it was really neat to look at all the interesting things they used as planters...there was an ADORABLE silver cream & sugar that I may have to purchase when I see them at Christmas Village...yep I have already confirmed they will be there...very cool...very original...and if you live in Nashville they deliver so you can send this as a gift instead of boring ole flowers...and they won't die in a week...well they shouldn't anyway...I've never been accused of having a green thumb either.

I bought a few other things to but they are surprises...and I don't have a picture...see I told you I did well....but I can't promise the same in a few weeks at Christmas Village...that's the place self control goes to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment