Monday, April 20, 2009

A Little of This a Little of That and Then it Rained

It's Monday so here is the obligatory weekend review. I guess it's not really obligatory, but I feel like I should since this is a blog about OUR life...remember. I may just have to hijack the blog like I did "our" office.

The weekend started like any other...me awake Brandon asleep...me staring at Brandon waiting for him to get up so I could share the day's plans with him. On the agenda for Saturday was The Birmingham Botanical Garden plant sale and the Crestline Art Show. Brandon has often accused me of just wanting to go to Lowe's on a Saturday to find something to plant in our yard. It's true I love flowers mostly because I love to have them in the house and buying fresh flowers every week isn't so economical. So we were off to the plant sale to get a replacement hydrangea for the one I killed last year {ok so maybe me planting flowers isn't so economical either}. I took my camera and was excited about getting some pics of the sale, but I thought Brandon was going to die of embarrassment when I pulled it out. So I put it up and have no pictures.



{First flowers of the year}

Next we headed to the Crestline art show. My favorite local artist Tricia Robinson was going to be there so I wanted to drop by to check out some of her latest stuff. Her art is so happy and it inspires me to get working on some of my own ideas. I have already warned Brandon that if we have a little girl, I will probably plaster her room with Tricia's artwork. I also have no pictures of that either because I was too busy looking at all the art...sorry.

I'll skip to something I do have a picture of, but first a little backstory. I dream of the day when I can drag Brandon to the middle of nowhere so that our children have room to run and play. I was raised in Kentucky and to steal from the Dixie Chicks I need wide open spaces. It may never happen but a girl can dream. Here is a little photoshop {ok paint.net} rendering of our land and the historic house we are going to drag to said land. They both exist and in Birmingham...lucky for us.




We took a drive out to the land in the picture above on Saturday and it was a TAAAD bit further than I had anticipated but still beautiful none the less. I guess I'll have to keep looking. That pretty much rounded out Saturday since we had to drive home from the boonies country.





Wow...this is a little longer than anticipated. Moving things on along Sunday was a lazy day. {as it should be} We spent time with Brandon's family celebrating his cousin's first birthday, but he was a little under the weather and not so much in a party mood, but we had a good time and the birthday cake was fantastic. The rest of the day we spent on the couch...and then the rain came. As if our backyard has not already suffered enough with three dogs trampling it, the rain just helped speed along the process of turning it into a mud bowl. I am pretty convinced that our builder built our house on the biggest lump of clay/rock he could find. I have never seen our yard so flooded and I think little Max would have drowned if we had let him out.

{Our splash guard floating away}


{My squash drowning}


{not the face of a swimmer}

And that was about it for the weekend. I did have some time to wrap up the latest painting so check back soon...it's drying in "our" office. Happy Monday...almost Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete