Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Post....With Words....I'm Sorry

So I have a confession to make...I was completely lazy last night. {shocker I know} I had high hopes of spending my Monday me time working on a piece of art {I guess that's what you would call it} that has been sitting on a table for....oh...about a week now....give or take a month. However, making that apple pie really put me over the edge this weekend {cooking usually does} and I was worn out. I found myself counting the minutes until I would be alone {Brandon says I have a problem} with my bath tub.


Photo courtesy of Country Living

Ok so this isn't really my bath tub but wouldn't it be cool if it was? Except I am not really sure what that chair next to the tub is for because that would be kinda weird if someone were to sit in it...while you were in the tub. Anyway, reining myself back in, I have this little tradition whenever I get one of my magazines in the mail I run a nice bubble bath and get to reading...because that is how they were meant to be read...in the bathtub...the paper does well in water and the steam is good for my ruddy complexion. While we are on the subject, {because we are} why do they put those annoying paper advertisement things in there without attaching them? It really burns me up when they fall out into my bath water...but I digress, again. Yesterday, when I checked the mail one of my favorites was waiting for me...PERFECT timing.



I love to look at the inspiring pictures of other people's houses. I make mental notes for the dream house that Brandon and I will one day live in, and if I really love something I rip out the page and stick in my "idea" binder {because I am organized like that}. I will take a minute here to say I have a total fear of commitment when it comes to decorating and my style can only be summed up with the word schizophrenic. So while I have great intentions and grand ideas, you can ask my bare/ vanilla walls how they feel about my love of decorating...and my one sad nightstand in our room that I stupidly put on Brandon's side of the bed {it's the side you can see from the door}. So that is how I spent my me time {I know you were dying to know} making mental notes...admiring other's non fear of commitment...ok and laying on the couch with a glass of chocolate milk watching 24....AHHH bliss.







all photos courtesy of BHG.com

....and I feel myself getting carried away. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment