Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Monday

It's another rainy Monday and I finally have a minute to update the blog. I know everyone has been on pins and needles waiting. I haven't quite finished my first cup of coffee but I'll try this anyway and apologize beforehand.

Brandon and I had a busy but great weekend. We love holiday weekends that bring friends back to town. We had a great visit Saturday night with some friends Brandon grew up with in his church. I know it meant a lot to him to get to catch up with everyone and recount the tales of the VHBC youth group. I have to say, they have some very entertaining stories, and each one is usually a reminder to me that we have quite a bit of payback coming our way from our children for Brandon's behavior. We had a great time and look forward to everyone ending up back in Birmingham {because we know that you will},or at least until the next holiday that brings everyone back.

The rest of our weekend was filled with spending time with Brandon's family. We spent Saturday afternoon with Brandon's Nana in Clanton catching up and Sunday afternoon with his Gan here in Birmingham. {I am trying not to bore you with details}{not that it was boring...}

Last but not least, we went to see Wicked last night. It was so good. If you have not seen it I encourage you to do so. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about how good it would be here in little ole Birmingham, but it was awesome. My in-laws went with us and they have seen it on Broadway and said that this production was comparable so I guess that says something. The wicked witch was straight from the Broadway production and most of the other main characters had been on Broadway too, and they did not disappoint. Brandon has been super busy working on a project for his masters program, so it was a fun way to end the weekend and a good excuse to get dressed up with him and have a "date" {with his parents and Gan}.

Of course, I forgot to bring my camera to any of the aforementioned events and so I have no proof that we ever dress up I have nothing to show you other than a couple of pictures of new flowers blooming at our house {I did not kill them after all} . I have been working on a few little things here and there and will hopefully be able to have 5 minutes to finish them this week so check back soon. I am sure hope it will be more interesting than the last two posts. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment