Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome Home

I will start this post by sharing a couple pictures of our backyard. Pictures are really the only way to describe what the Three Terrors have done to to it. {they only look sweet and innocent} I am actually pretty embarrassed to put these up.


{Yes there used to be grass here and this is AFTER the trench was filled}
{and that white stuff is a remnant of one of their toys...lovely}


{and here too}


This has been going on for a few months now, and Brandon and I have been at our wits end with how to stop it. That trench, in the first picture, is filled with a little something they leave behind in the yard because apparently they won't dig that {who would} and we even sprinkled cayenne pepper on it for good measure. Did it stop them? No not really...they would get to the poo {sorry} and stop, but they continued to dig and dig in new spots...by the fence...by the air conditioning unit...etc...Every night when we get home, Sophie faithfully sits at the back door and watches and watches and watches for whatever they were digging for. Well apparently they found it because this is what I came home to yesterday

Oh yes...Curby came bounding in the house with a chipmunk in her mouth and promptly dropped it in the floor like she had given me the greatest present. I momentarily panicked because I am not good with this stuff...Brandon always does the stuff like picking up the spider after I have dropped a book on it. I had no choice since he was not going to be home until after class at 9:45. So I picked it up with a rag and dropped it in a shoebox...not so bad. {after I grabbed my camera} However, now I worry that the Terrors will really be on patrol since they actually caught something. I guess I don't have to worry about chipmunks eating my squash. I really did have to leave the house after this because I was disturbed/mad/sad with what had transpired. Oh the joys of dog ownership.

Hope everyone is having a great week and I will try to post again soon with something that has better pictures.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete