Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's War !

The dogs are on thin ice around here. I came home yesterday during lunch to find the three of them passed out on the patio...I thought to myself...look how sweet they look. Then I looked closer and what should I see but my brand new honeysuckle vine dug up and ripped to shreds in the yard...strike one. Brandon, thankfully, was able to come home after work to replant the remaining pieces that still had some roots on them. He put some left over fencing around it...and life went on. I think you can see where this is going. Let's take a minute to meet the culprits

{Sophie: the Ringleader}

Sophie is the organizer of the destruction she is a smart girl that can sit, stay, speak, and play dead. She is the oldest the "momma" dog who dominates the other two and likes to frequently remind them who is boss.

{Max: The Follower}

Max is the middle child. While he is very cute and cuddly, he is not the brightest little thing but most of the time his cuteness makes up for it. Since he is not very capable of thinking for himself he usually just follows Sophie around. Sophie barks and Max comes running.


{Curby: The Scapegoat}

Curby is the newest addition to our family. We saw her on the side of the road {hence the name CURBy...we stole that from someone we aren't that clever} and then she happened to wander into our neighborhood later that day and ended up staying {it was cold outside and we are suckers}. We have had a few unfortunate incidences with Curby chewing things up {my grandparents bench, Brandon's shoes, patio furniture, crepe myrtle trees etc...} she therefore has become the scapegoat for the other two since they automatically think we will blame Curby...but I am catching on to their game {SHHH...don't tell them}

So of course I come home today to see they have dug under the fencing but didn't quite make it to pulling my honeysuckle out of the ground...but still...strike two.


{ I can't even stand to look at it's sadness}



{look at it's beauty just a mere 5 days ago}


And just to top it all off take a look at this....Strike three.




Yep, that's right that is one of the pots I planted last weekend...with it's contents on the ground...the ground that they have beaten the grass right off. So this was the last straw. I marched myself into the garage grabbed some extra soil to replant {again} my honeysuckle, a bag of rocks to dump on top of it when I was done and last but not least:



Let those suckers get a nose full of this next time they want to start digging. Momma ain't playin' now. I about emptied the entire thing on top of the rocks...although with my luck we will get a shower here in the morning and it will all wash away. However, I know that my sweet honeysuckle will at least live to see one more day because the yard man is coming tomorrow to punch holes in our yard so maybe the next time it rains we won't float away, and the dogs get to stay in their crates tomorrow {lucky for their furry little lives}.

At least I had a box full of goodies waiting for me at home from my sister to brighten my afternoon...Thanks Sis !

Won't Brandon be so cute in those orange gloves when he washes the dishes, and I promise my house is not entirely orange...I am not that colorful....but hopefully the magazines will help.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and an even better weekend....we have some manual labor headed our way so that should be interesting....very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment